Don't miss the three biggest days in the industry when the worldwide beauty industry gathers in Orlando, Florida on May 30, May 31 & June 1, 2015, for the Premiere Orlando Tradeshow. Click below for more show information.
AmSpa's Medical Spa Boot Camp - Chicago | June 1-2, 2015
"This program is designed to be the most intensive and in-depth training program ever developed for doctors or entrepreneurs looking to open a medical spa, or for current medical spa owners who need strategies to improve success and profits," says founder and director of AmSpa, Alex Thiersch. "We have the most knowledgeable and dynamic speakers nationwide, all coming together to provide detailed instruction on every aspect of opening and operating an aesthetic medical practice."
Day 1 (Monday, June 1)
8-8:30 am: Breakfast and Registration
8:30-9 am Opening Keynote: Alex R. Thiersch, Founder/Director, AmSpa
9-10 am The Plan | Speaker: Francis X. Acunzo, President, Acara Partners
When launching a medical spa or starting to offer medical aesthetic services in your practice, developing an effective business plan is essential to provide order and balance to the process and also to secure the necessary financing. In order to do so, one must identify the business concept; classify target audiences and geographic markets; secure demographic data; recognize competitors; and conduct competitive research. An estimation of sales by program is needed, along with determining the architectural program. This includes coming up with the number of each type of resource, support staff and related office space, along with hallways, mechanical areas, and furniture and equipment needs. The total investment must be estimated, and a five-year financial pro forma should be prepared.
10-10:15 am Break: Morning Break
10:15-11:15 am The Build | Speaker: Kim Matheson Shedrick,
Senior Vice President, WTS International
* How to create a profitable floorplan.
* How to design a profitable retail area.
* What is the ideal business flow for optimum guest experience and retail sales?
* Top 5 tips for a successful expansion/top 5 tips for a successful new build
* How do you find the right architect/builder/decorator to meet your spa's specific needs?
11:15-12:45 pm The Books | Speaker: David Thibault, Partner, Brown CPA Group
* What is the best corporate structure for your business?
* Best accounting practices (should include worksheet for handbook)
* Common tax write-offs/deductions
* Software must-haves
* Managing overhead-what's appropriate for various business sizes/structures
* Putting financial metrics and goals into place and following up on them.
12:45 pm - 1:45 pm Lunch
1:45 pm - 3:30 pm The Launch | Speaker: Timothy Sawyer, Founder, Crystal Clear Digital Marketing
* Marketing and cross-marketing
* How to form lucrative partnerships
* How to hold profitable events within a medical spa
* Is advertising worth it?
* How to build momentum within your business
3:30-4 pm Break: Afternoon Break
4 pm - 5 pm The Law-OSHA and HIPAA | Speakers: Steve Wilder, Sorensen, Wilder & Associates and Alex Thiersch, Partner, O'Hagan Law Firm; Founder, AmSpa
OSHA compliance in a medical spa
* 5 steps to attaining OSHA compliance.
* 7 common areas where OSHA will get you.
* What you should do should your OSHA surveyor pay you a visit.
* How to write and teach your workplace safety programs, who should be trained, and what must be kept ongoing.
HIPAA and its application within a medical spa
* Common HIPAA liability exposures.
* HITECH Act of 2009 with expanded HIPAA privacy rules in 2013 ... what they mean to you.
* Policies and training needed to be HIPAA compliant.
6 pm - 8 pm Networking dinner at Pinstripes, 435 E Illinois St, Chicago, IL 60611
Day 2 (Tuesday, June 2)
8:30-9 am Opening Keynote: Dr. Steven H. Dayan, MD, FACS
9-10 am The Team | Speaker: Jamie Parrott, President, MedResults Network
* Hiring right
* Commission structures and plans
* Growth opportunities for team members
* Strengths-based hiring
* Employee retention
* Investing in education and your team
* Incentivizing your team
10-10:15 am Morning Break
10:15-11:45 am The Infrastructure | Speakers: Kevin Mendell, Strategic Marketing Director Alma Lasers; Terri Wojak, Director, True U; and David Shaffer, Vice President Professional Medical, Insurance Offices of America
* Working with vendors who will work with you
* What to look for in education and marketing support
* How to look for a new product line
* When to buy vs. when to lease
* Top 5 things medical spas need when it comes to insurance
11:45 am - 12:45 pm Lunch
12:45 pm - 2:45 pm
The Law | Speakers: Alex R. Thiersch, Partner, O'Hagan Law Firm; Founder, AmSpa; Jamie L. Filipovic, O'Hagan Law Firm; David Neiman, O'Hagan Law Firm
* Overview of Illinois rules and regulations affecting the medical spa, medical aesthetic and laser industries
* Commissions: The fee-splitting conundrum - is it legal? Is Groupon fee-splitting?
* Current hot topic state-specific issues affecting the industry.
* Ownership: Who can own a med spa? How best to structure a corporation?
* Medical spa supervision and delegation: Must a physician be present and examine every new patient?
* Aestheticians and laser technicians: What they can and cannot do in a medical spa.
* The laws surrounding referrals and gift cards.
2:45 pm-3 pm: Afternoon break
3-4 pm The Long-term | Bryan Durocher, Founder, Durocher Enterprises
* How to build on initial success
* How to hold strategic planning
* Goal-setting strategies
* Setting measures for success
4 pm - 5:30 pm Closing: The Lessons | Louis Frisina
* What crucial success lessons have you have learned as a medical spa business owner/physician over the years
National Aesthetic Spa Network (NASN) - Boston - June 8, 2015
Manchester American Legion 14 Church Street
Manchester MA, 01944 USA More Information
NASN began in Florida in 2004 as the
Florida Aesthetic Network by Janet McCormick and Denise R. Fuller. They wanted
to create a forum for neutral education in a relaxed environment and provide
supportive interaction among professionals in the spa industry. Through their
vision and leadership NASN offers educational events throughout the United
States and scholarship programs.
The National Aesthetic Spa Network is a
volunteer network of licensed skincare and spa professionals who organize
regional educational events.
The NASN community consists of spa
professionals such as day spa owners, salon managers, licensed estheticians,
nail technicians, massage therapists, students and vendors coming together to
learn, grow, and network to make life long industry connections.
HBA Global - June 9-11 2015
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center 655 West 34th Street
New York NY, 10001 USA More Information
There is nothing more
powerful in the professional world than receiving know-how and feedback from
other successful companies tackling similar challenges. With this in mind, and
with your input, the fully-enriched 2014 HBA Conference was built. We have
gathered industry pros from indie, start-up, and global brands to delve deep
into the strategies and best practices essential to grow your company and give
you the competitive edge needed to succeed in the beauty market. You can't
afford to miss the 2014 HBA Conference!
The MakeUp Show Dallas - June 13-14, 2015
Hyatt Regency Dallas 300 Reunion Boulevard
Dallas TX, 75207 USA More Information
Known as one of the centers of the beauty and salon industry Dallas and its surrounding cities are considered to have some of the most talented hair and makeup artists working today and we wanted to choose a city that would easily welcome not only our southern artists but our international attendees to the Lone Star State. Since everything is bigger in Texas we are sure to bring a new spin to the market that will have artists from all over excited by the shopping, education and insider access The Makeup Show has become known for.
IECSC Las Vegas - June 20-22 2015
Las Vegas Convention Center 3150 Paradise Rd
Las Vegas NV, 89109 USA More Information
IECSC Las Vegas is a valuable educational
resource that provides attendees with the perfect venue to learn about new
trends, find new product lines, discover new tools, techniques and treatments
that will help their careers and businesses grow.